If your are keeping up with the World Cup we now know all the groups that have qualified for the next round and Argentina is one of them, going to the quarter finals!!!
So if you want to support this Team why not give yourself this Team Argentina mani!
Now I will admit all of the nails are relatively simple but the Thumb. So if you want to have a crack at all of them kudos to you if not you can always repeat and change it up a little!
The polishes I used were, Masglo - Amarillo, Essence - Once Upon a Time... and Black is Back, Nails Inc. - Queen Victoria Street, BarryM Gelly Hi-Shine - Blueberry, and Boots - White.
Initially I wasn't entirely convinced that Blueberry was the exact shade if blue for the Argentinian flag however after much deliberation I think this is as close as I could possibly get so don't kill me if it's bit off!!!
So to recreate these nails follow these instruction:
Of course here are some tips and tricks for you to be able to achieve this easier!
- These took me a good 20-30mins to create because of the thumb, so I suggest you be PATIENT and are in a calm or creative mood!
- For clearer tips on how to create the index read the 4th Bullet point --> here<--
- Make sure you base colours are completely dry before attempting any
- First of all try and draw a circle onto the nail as a guide for the entire shape.
- Then draw 4 long triangles pointing outwards. (Horizontal and Vertical)
- Draw another 4 Triangles pointing outwards. (In between each horizontal and vertices triangle)
- On either side of each point draw a squiggle (almost like a stretched out/elongated "S") Try and make it that all are facing the same way but if you can't that's fine.
- Now with a darker colour preferably a brown/bronze draw a thin outline for each sun ray. (I only had a metallic bronze and to be honest I think it makes it looks much better since the sun is meant to be bright and shinning) TIP - it may be easier to start the line from the point down back to the centre.
- Now with the same colour outline the circle to define the centre/face of the sun.
- OPTIONAL - Finally only if you really feel up to the task and confident you can attempt to draw in some eyes, nose and mouth. (Because in the Argentinian flag the sun has a face)
- TIP - try and make your brush as flat as possible by taking off any excess and leaving the lowest amount of product possible, and when re-dipping try to only get nail polish onto the tip of the brush.
So guys let me know what other countries you want to see and if you try these please tag me @lovefromangelic on Twitter or Instagram as would love to see how your supporting your country and of course Team Argentina!